Thursday, January 8, 2009

AMS way to go!

My parents always reminding me that "time fly so fast". In just a blink of an eye, a year is passed already! In a short stint of my position being a Junior Management Trainee (for 6 months) at Asiatrust Bank. I didn’t expect that I will make it through for almost two years in a row. Yup, you guys read it right. This coming March 15, 2009 I’ll be two years old from my work at Asiatrust Development Bank.

Thinking how I applied here two years ago was really tough. I remembered when I was just applying for the bank; the whole waiting area sofa outside the HR was full of applicants aiming for the Junior Management Trainee (JMT) position offered by the bank. The HR recruitment officer carefully trimmed and selected the top Universities (UP Diliman, UP Manila, Ateneo, De La Salle, CKSC hurray! etc) and with experienced individual to join the outsourcing exam and a panel interview with different sector heads of the bank. Each applicant is tested in the way how they respond to the different queries, situations, personal experiences and knowledge of the panelists in a wide scope variety of questions. Unfortunately, only 8 JMTs passed the needle hole like experience of the panel interview (including me). =)

March 15, 2007 is the 1st day when a group of 8 JMTs first gathered at the HR Training room to have our 1st orientation. Then we’re being trained with different seminars, manual test and hands-on experience to familiarize the system of the bank. I remembered when I first deployed at the second floor business development section. I was with the Acquired Asset Group for awhile. Then I was shifted through Account Management Sector (AMS) as Junior Account Officer. Since the Account Officer turnover was very rampant last year, I was promoted being an Account Officer. I was routed from Account Management to Consuming banking officer for the bank.

As I reminisced my almost two years stay with the bank. I could say that I gained a lot. I had the chance to talked with a lot of clients, a lot of people who have different personality types, and got the chance to went in different places such as Mindoro, Laguna, Batangas etc.and gained new friends. The most important thing is I came to know more about my capabilities and myself. Indeed people always say that “Experience is the best teacher”. These are the things that are not being taught in the school nor can be seen inside the book.

I thank God for giving me the chance to experience all these things. These little things had shaped me to be more independent and to become more equipped, mature in dealing with things in life. I pray that my future endeavor with my employers will let me see a much clearer picture of what I should be. I know through it all, it’s Him who had open doors for me to teach me and to guide me. Let me share with you with my verse from my work:

Do you not know that those running in a race all run, but one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain. And everyone who strives for the mastery is temperate in all things. Then those truly that they may receive a corruptible crown, but we an incorruptible.”

1 Corinthians 9-24-25.

No comments: