Sunday, January 20, 2008

One encouraging day

Last Thursday, my boss and I went through a whole day client call with my clients at Asiatrust Bank. I thought its just an ordinary client call for us but for me as Christian, something happened unexpected that really inspired me. The story goes like this..

On our way to our 2nd client call with my boss at greenhills around 12:30nn. We're heading to Pilita's Pizza restaurant to have a meeting with one of the owner of the said restaurant. After we parked and got off the car. We walked through the entrance gate near music museum. Then I saw one security guard of the mall standing on his post and giving each customers a tiny piece of paper and whispering something to each customers as they passed by. On the first place, I was just curious andfelt stranged and really don't mind on what he is doing.. but as we passed by him, He gave as that piece of paper and in my big surprised.. He greeted me and my boss "Manalangin kayo lagi. Mahal kayo ng Panginoong Hesu Kristo". Upon hearing it, I felt that I was blessed. And as I raised my right hand to read the piece of paper he gave me.. I was shocked that it was a GOSPEL TRACT! And it really did inspired me and blessed me so much. I was just hoping that my boss did read the gospel tract at home.

As with my reflection at the end of that day. I was so touched and inspired by what the security guard is doing. He is hitting two birds at the same time. First, he has his job done as a guard for the mall and second he is doing his ministry as a Christian at the same time. By this scenario, God reminded me that if that guard can do a passive evangelism while doing his earthly job, then so am I too. At times, I felt that I'm doing my spiritual stuff only at church during friday night, saturday and sunday but failed to share the faith that I'm believing during my weekdays. I pray that by experiencing this scenario with the security guard, it will inspires me more to try to evangelize people at my workplace while doing my earthly job at the office. May it be a passive or active evangelism approach..it doesn't matter. I hope that the story also inspired you too. Godbless.

No comments: