Saturday, April 19, 2008

My testimony at recently concluded YGC Real or No deal camp

There are several reasons why I joined this camp. But because of time constrain, I'll just give my two reasons.

1. I want to see the beautiful creation of God. I want to see the natures, lakes, mountains, sunset and everything. As a young professional, I seldom go out and have this opportunity to see God's creation.
2. I want to be out of the office.. or out of my occupation.

During the week before the camp. I am really stressed out from my work. There's a lot of responsibilities, to do list and back log that I need to fix before the camp and I'm really burn-out.

I thank God for giving me the opportunity to join the YGC camp and be a part of the Spiritual committee. I'm really blessed.

The topical message "Emo-ako" is one of the messages that struck me deeply. I learned that I should really find joy in serving God. Not only in my ministries at church, but also to find joy in serving God in my work place. God reminded me once again that I need to learn to trust Him in everything and I need to learn control my emotion. In this camp, I came to even know myself more deeper. I learned that I'm a very emotional person. And I need to trust God in everything. Knowing that God is there always. He is my strength and my shelter in time of need. Having in mind that I'm serving God and not man.

As a young professional, this Bible verse is my life verse to my work.
"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize." 1Corinthians9:24-27.


To God be all the Glory!

No comments: