Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Unwinding the past (A short testimony)

One monday night, when I was doing nothing on my room. I lay down on my bedroom all alone thinking and rewinding of my past. Thinking how have I been as a person, as a son of my parents, as a friend of my friends, as an officer at my workplace, or even as a bachelor of my age and most of all... being Christ-like as a believer.

When I look back in my high school years. My life was just a happy-go-lucky guy like every teenager boy possessed.. nothing special. I'm not that really serious going to church every sunday and even not too sure of my salvation though I graduated at St. Stephen's High school. But God works in many different ways to touch my life. When I'm already in college. God used different kinds of friends to touch my lives to win me back to Him! He gave me college Christian friends who really convinced me to go to their church and try to attend to their saturday fellowships at Grace Gospel Church. That's the first church that I attended seriously in my entire life at that moment. Then 2nd is at UECP and finally at my home church now at UECM-alabon.
My college life has ended 2 years ago and previously a youngprofessional who is very aggressive working as an officer at a bank to win a good career. In my own little way, may God continue to mold me, crafting me thru His Potter's Hands, making me to be able to testify to Him thru my actions at work, relatives/families, friends and to fellow believers.

Indeed God uses different means to touch different lives of the people. Just like using His very own Son Jesus Christ to redeem as from our sin. Being crucified and died on the cross, rose again from the dead after 3 days as a sign of victory over death and went up to heaven. We are just like sheep that gone astray. Don't know where we're going till we finally met Christ that enable us to identify ourselves as sinners who indeed need Him as Savior. Just by repenting of our sins and accepting Him, we will have eternal life.

My reflection that evening monday night really convicts me and made me evaluate myself that I still have a long path to take as Christian. I'm just starting to find meaning of my life thru Christ, just like a treasure hunter hunting for treasures. As I slowly continue to see the big picture that God had planned for me, I will continue to serve Him whatever happens for He said in the Bible that I should not be afraid cause He is always with me wherever I go. Joshua 1:9 To God be all the Glory! May God continue to reveal Himself to me as I'm walking on the path of my life everyday. (";)

No comments: